Special Project Fund Policies and Procedures
Special Project Funds include funds accepted for broad general purposes that enhance or support parks, trails, and/or recreational programs of Clark County.
Establishment of Fund: In general, special project funds are created to support the parks, trails, and recreation programs of greater Clark County, the Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation Department, and/or the municipalities of Clark County. The creation of special project funds requires the approval of the municipality or department and will be reviewed annually by the Parks Foundation Finance Committee.
Fundraising Activities: Once a special project fund is established, the Parks Foundation shall be notified of all fundraising events and activities related to the special project. The Parks Foundation, at its discretion, may or may not authorize the use of the Parks Foundation name and/or logo related to the fundraising events. Parks Foundation participation in and at fundraising events is subject to the recommendation and/or approval of the Parks Foundation Executive Director.
Parks Foundation Responsibilities:
- Establish a separate line account for the special project fund under the appropriate municipality account.
- Provide a repository for the funds.
- As a stipulation of accepting and holding the funds, the donor is advised that:
- any interest earned from any amounts deposited with the Foundation will remain with the Foundation, and
- any third-party credit card or other processing fees associated with donations made to the fund via a credit card or PayPal payment will be deducted from the account at the end of each month. These fees can be avoided by paying either via cash or check.
- Prepare and send an email receipt for donations as appropriate. Maintain a current and updated list of donors, donor contact information (as provided by donors), and donation amount.
- Provide a report of funds available in the account upon request.
- Provide payment within thirty (30) days on invoices for specific, stated project purposes as approved by the appropriate municipality and committee chair(s).
- Invoices must not exceed the available account balance.
- Promote the organization and activities as appropriate, based upon available Parks Foundation resources.
Donor/Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Provide a letter to the Foundation outlining the :
- purpose of the fund;
- estimated fundraising timeline for project/program;
- estimated dollar amount to be raised for the project/program;
- names and contact information of the special project committee chair(s) authorized to approve payments/invoices and receive fund balance information;
- Direct all donors to make checks payable to the Parks Foundation with a reference to the Special Project Fund.
- Direct donors to utilize a special project donation form and to provide contact information, including an email address for receipting purposes.
- Provide the Foundation with invoices for specific dollar amounts for specific, stated project purposes that have also been approved by the Municipality
- Provide support for the Parks Foundation through an individual or organizational membership as recommended by Executive Director.
Battle Ground 360.342.5385
La Center 360.263.2484